Hurricane Michael was the strongest hurricane to hit Florida, and the United State since Hurricane Andrew in 1992.
With 161 mph winds at landfall, it developed into a major hurricane from a tropical depression in less than 24 hours.
Hurricanes Irma, Florence and Michael all ravaged Florida in the past 2 years.
Are YOU prepared for Hurricane Season?
Already have flood insurance?
Congratulations, you are a step ahead to ensure you’re protected this Hurricane Season
Don’t have flood insurance? Do you need it? — YES!
- Flooding is the number one Natural Disaster in America
- 98% of U.S. counties have been affected by flooding
- Over 80% of losses for Hurricanes Florence, Harvey and Irma DID NOT have flood insurance coverage
- Even a few inches of water can cost thousands of dollars
- Flood damage is not covered by your standard homeowners insurance policy
- In order to receive money from FEMA, your affected area must be declared under a State of Emergency
- The MOST FEMA will pay out is $33K per HOUSEHOLD
- A flood policy can cost less than $400/ year, but can payout up to $250K of your claim
Did you know?
- A flood policy typically has a 30 day waiting period before it takes effect unless you are purchasing a new property
- Once a named storm is tracking to hit your area, you can no longer purchase or or make changes to existing coverage on an insurance insurance policy
- Everyone lives in a flood zone
Be Safe. Be Prepared. Be Storm Ready.